Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are scratching poles really effective for letting cats take out their natural instinct on instead of my furnat

some cats use them some don't it depends on the cat.Are scratching poles really effective for letting cats take out their natural instinct on instead of my furnat
A scratching pole and a water gun...Are scratching poles really effective for letting cats take out their natural instinct on instead of my furnat
Coupled with training, absolutely!





My girls never claw the furniture. All it took was one or two NOs if I caught them at it and they stopped.
hmmm nut .. not for me lol.. i still have to say NOO and here look what i bought you. A PERFECTLY GOOD SCRATCHING POST, now leave the couches alone. I think also because if you have more than one cat in the house they are always replacing their smell everytime they scratch. Lil buggers aint they... i just now put like lemon or pepper or liek when i see him doing it i squirt him. Hes getting the idea now
My cats absolutely hated them things. I tried all different ones and they never did care for them. I have an old beam that they just love scratching on, so that's where they scratch. Outside they like anything they can get their paws on.
well if you can get them to use it my cats don't but they love using my couch and chairs!!
In my experience of having cats my entire life, I've only found it gives them another place to scratch. They enjoy them thou - especially those cardboard ones you put on the floor sprinkled with catnip.





If you don't want to declaw and need a sure solution, there's Soft Paws but they're expensive and a pain in the **** to put on the cats.





Good luck!
well we got one for my cat and she still uses the floor/couch. today we are going to go get catnip to rub on the post to get her to use it
Our cat likes carpeted posts, some cats like sisal or real wood. Offer a variety. Our cat also likes the corrugated cardboard scratchers - the bigger the better.





I use repellant spray on my chair and he hates it so doesn't bother it any more. :)





Here is a useful link about cat behaviors:





http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Point鈥?/a>
It helps to a degree. Unfortunately our cats just really love to scratch our couch as well! We covered one spot with packing tape, but it only made them move to another spot!
Yes, the best is a scratching post with Sisal Rope. The one we got had carpet and the cats did not scratch it. Now that it is encircled with Sisal Rope (can buy it at a hardware store) they love it. It should also be tall enough so they can stretch out when they scratch. You want to make the scratch post more inviting than the furniture. You should also trim your cat's nails to prevent them from doing so much damage to furniture. You can also put catnip on the post to get them used to scratching on it. Another strategy is to see if they scratch somewhere and then take them to the post for scratching instead. If they are scratching on the post you can reward them and give them treats and praise them. They will learn. If you are thinking about new furniture, cats do not enjoy scratching microfiber material, so you could try this instead of any knotty material that cats love.
  • prom hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    fast cash