Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it natural for some women to not have a motherly instinct?

I've seen stories on TV about animals in the wild. Some of them will give birth and want absolutely nothing to do with them. With some types of animals, a member of the pack will take on the role, and if its not natural for them... the baby will be completely abandoned.





I know male humans are the only ';species'; with a fatherly instinct. Does that make motherly instincts different for humans?





I myself, have never wanted a child, and seem to lack that ';motherly'; instinct. I end up being the ';friend'; of children, and even with 3lb little puppies I end up doing the ';friend'; role. I don't know how to mother, and I have no interest in being motherly.





Is that normal??? or is that due to upbringing??Is it natural for some women to not have a motherly instinct?
I think so. I believe that one of the main reasons that most women want to have kids so badly is not because of genetics (although that contributes) but because of social norms. There is a lot of pressure out there for people (especially women) to have kids. Little girls are given dolls to play with, when you are older, people ask you when you are going to have a kid. There are just so many subtle hints that society gives women about their requirement to have children.





I am in my 20's and the last thing i want is a kid. Even though i am a guy, i get pressured about this idea too. If you don't feel like having kids, then good for you. I am sure you will make some guy very happy and i am 100% serious.Is it natural for some women to not have a motherly instinct?
Some women don't have a strong maternal instinct, while others only develop it later in life. But I did want to point out that humans are NOT the only species with a fathers instinct. Emperor Penguins, meerkats, wolves, cats and other species all have those instincts. In fact, if you watch March of the Penguins you will see that the male penguin cares for the egg while the females are gone. It will hatch and get it's first meal from the father while mom is off swimming and eating without them. The male sandpiper raises his nest full of eggs completely without the help of the female. She lays the eggs and then takes off to find another male.





Our feline rescue group actually has a male cat named Errol that has such a screwed up system from his instincts that he has managed to produce milk and actually nurse several litters of abandoned kittens. He has the strongest ';mommy'; instincts of any cat I've met! And, yes, he is a male, although neutered.
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    fast cash