Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Should I color my hair using Clairol's Natural Instinct dye?

My hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown. I want to dye it (for the first time) with Clairol's Natural Instinct color because it's semi permanent and will fade. I want to lighten my hair to a medium blonde. What do you think? Please let me know if you've tired this product too!








Thank you! :)Should I color my hair using Clairol's Natural Instinct dye?
I have used Clairol's Natural Instinct semi-permanent dark auburn, which is a reddish-brownish color, on my medium brown hair about a month and a half ago. It was my first time, too!





I had my mom help me put it on. I found myself repeatedly saying, ';Oh my GOSH, I would NOT be able to do this myself!'; Haha, it looked hard..





You'll have to mix these two bottles, and they will turn a wierd color. Mine turned into a thick, dark, purple-blue color and kept freaking out because I was so worried that it would dye my hair purple. It actually smelled REALLY good, though!





Anyways, the mixture ends up being in this bottle with a nosil, and you run it through your hair. Be careful not to have the nosil pressing on your head, or you can dye your scalp, and don't let it on your forehead, or you'll dye your forehead. If you do drip some onto your forehead, no worries, just take a tissue and quickly wipe it off. I didn't use the whole mixture because there was SO much and my hair was fully soaked. Maybe if I did, I would have gotten my hair even more red. It's all extremely stressful.





I had an old shirt on and a raggy towel on my shoulders, along with some pants I didn't care about much. Let me tell you: the towel and shirt has tons of splotches of red all over it. So don't use anything you care about alot :P Also, this may sound wierd, but, I suggest not wear ing a bra, because you dont have enough time to wash your hands before hopping in a shower to rinse it all out, and you can get some serious stain on it. If you dont care about that, its okay. And dont wear your most prized underwear. Obviously wear underwear, but old ones are best, because they'll get stained, too.





When you get in the shower, you'll have to wash your hair until you can't see ANY MORE of the dye running into the drain. This takes alot longer than you think it will take.





Then you put on this conditioner that comes with it (it smells good, too!) that you'll use once a week and leave it on for 2 minutes, then wash it out. When I got out of the shower and was all finished, I didn't notice as big of a change with my hair, but as it dried it looked more and more red.





The red shows a LOT more in the sunlight, and you can barely notice it in the shade. Like I said, maybe it would be different if I had used all of the mixture.





It did fade over time, but it faded pretty slowly for me. I used for conditioner and shampoo Color me Happy by Herbal Essences; it may have helped it fade slower, as it's for colored hair.





Overall, I have a positive opinion on the product. Im planning on dying my hair again the same color tomorrow! Even though the dying of it was a stressful experience, it was actually fun, and I don't regret it. I hope I helped a lot and you enjoy your medium blonde hair!! :D :)Should I color my hair using Clairol's Natural Instinct dye?
If it's your first time, I'd go to your stylist %26amp; not do it at home. You really can't go much lighter without having a bleach used. You can try it, since it's semi permanent if it turns out horrible, you can always run to your stylist %26amp; have it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash