Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is racial prejudice a natural instinct?

It seems to me that a lot of Asians hate the white folks who's given them a home in the uk are. what do you thinkIs racial prejudice a natural instinct?
I live in Shadwell(istan) near Whitechapel in East London.


Our neighbourhood has become about 85% Bengali now....I think contempt is even more rife than hate.


They expect you to move aside for them, hardly ever vice versa.


We are infidels who can be taken for what they are worth.


But all to often you see the militant flyer's posted up ...'Islam will conquer the World', the perpetrators of 9-11 are most certainly revered.


They expect us to bow to their every demand, I've even had attempts to get rid of my dog.


I could talk for hours, but I'd only get in trouble long before I did.


But I tell you what, I resent this invasion and fear what the future holds.Is racial prejudice a natural instinct?
When babies develop, they do not see differences or distinctions between them and others. Look at how babies relate to other people. At this very young age, they are very curious and trusting. You will not likely see a baby crawl away from someone of another race or ethnicity.


The same goes for most small children. They are much less judgmental than adults and are normally more open-minded until a parent or other authority figure tells that child otherwise.


In learning racism, it could be from either a sense of superiority or from a feeling of defensiveness.


In the first case, racists teach their children that they are better than everyone else. They raise their offspring to look down on other races and to avoid them.


In the second case, it is often minorities that have a sense of resentment toward the majority group that instill defensive racism. They believe that they are helping their children by breeding a distrust in their children. Much like racial superiority, defensive racism relies on stereotypes. In this case, the minority group assumes that all people in the majority are bad people.


In a nutshell, racism is not a natral instinct.
I don't think prejudice of any kind is natural instinct. If indeed Asians do dislike 'white folk' it's probably because they've come across quite a few racist 'white folk' and have therefore stereotyped them all to be the same.





In simple terms, if your accusations are accurate (which I actually doubt) then Asian folk probably hate white folk because they think the white folk hate them.





'An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind'
No, I don't think so. I am a white, English, and I guess, might be classified as middle class. I have never held a racial prejudice. My view is, and always has been, that people are people. I have sometimes thought that the most racist people are those who accuse others of racisism. Your example of Asian vs white folk may, or may not be an example.
My personal opinion is/ there is a reason for different colored people. I don't think it is for us to create different races out of mixing these. For instance, if you really look at africans without any prejudice and compare them to apes you must agree that most resemble the apes quite well. There must be some truth to human evolution and descendants from the animal kingdom. I also think that we are inherently different from each other and other continents. It is I feel a natural wish to stay with the tribe. It is not a good thing to breed outside of it. We are messing with the natural order of things when we do this. Society is really missing the mark here........
I think I know what you mean. I am only in the Uk for a bit and have seen them in their ghettos. They move to the UK because they don't like it where they come from, but then bring what they don't like with them and expect the locals to conform to it.





How insane is that. If you move somewhere because it is nicer, it is madness to then live the way they hated. I don't get them at all. Or do they think they could convert the locals to their beliefs, which is very naive considering religion has just about died the death in the UK.





Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.
I've just been reading about the discovery of a Neanderthal skeleton with a wound from a Cro-magnon spear in its back. Seems racism goes back a long, long way! But I don't think it is instinctive. Children of different races can get on fine until they are taught to hate.
It is completely natural. We are animals, just like all other species of animals. We obviously have more capacity to reason and try to control our behaviours but in the long run tribalism will out.
I live in the UK and I have never experienced of any hatred directed at me from any Asians. In fact, I've never even heard of it.
i think we are brought up to notice a difference. i was brought up in a mixed community and although everyone got on ppl would still look down on others who were not of the same race!
Racial prejudice is only mental but not instinctive
Yeah it is. Cave people used to slaughter lots of other cave people. Sticking to the ones who you trust was a good policy.
I'm in china and feeling it for the first time.





I really have no answer other then it's built in culturally.
it is taught by parents and peers at a young, impressionable age...
Racism isnt born, it's bred
Yes and no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash