Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Should we put aside political correctness when it requires us 2 ignore natural Instinct and common sense?

If u knew 5 people attacked by dogs and 4 of them were pit bulls,would you not be more leary of them than of other dogs?or should just say HUmmm.that's not fair 2 all pit bulls? Should we put aside political correctness when it requires us 2 ignore natural Instinct and common sense?
I understand that certain areas are safer than others, and we should always be ';street smart';. I know certain experiences can make people very cautious around any possible threat. There really isn't any argument against avoiding dangers, but there are other situations where there is no call for prejudging people.





I always understood ';political correctness'; as mostly a matter of watching what you say. It was kind of funny when it first started. People had to change the way they put their words together. Sometimes they would stop in mid sentence and ask which word was OK to use. Then there were the ';political correctness hall monitors';. They would be just looking for any excuse to jump on an infringement, real or imagined. One time one of them started talking to me about God. When you're behind a cash register you have to listen to all kinds of crap, so I had to talk to her. The funny part is I made absolutely sure I never referred to God as having a gender. I knew she was a hall monitor. Naturally she accused me of saying God was a he. I called her right out on it, and she knew I was right. I said ';No point in running around looking for a fight.';


Should we put aside political correctness when it requires us 2 ignore natural Instinct and common sense?
I don't like the sound of this.


I'm not sure how, but I think you are trying to support some kind of racial analogy.


The reason PC even came into being is because some people's natural instincts lead to violence against others and some people don't have common sense.


And, Political Correctness is a term that only people against it use.


These days we have dropped strict PC 'rules' for general acceptance of people different than us.
i think that political correctness gets to a certain point where it's just ridiculous. I think that if you are going to make generalizations, you should say 'based on my experiences, a lot of pit bulls are agressive,' for example. It feels stupid, but it's really a precaution so as not to affend the very diverse peoples of the world. (the pitbull example is a little too far out, however)






PC is censorship. If you live in fear then every dog will turn into a pit bull. There is no shame in prejudice most of us learned to distrust, fear or even hate things that we do not understand. But to see every life experience through eyes of that prejudice is ignorant and there is no excuse for ignorance.
If you're trying to establish logic to support racial profiling, your 80% assumption is way unrealistic.
Criminal profiling works better than racial profiling, most of the time.
Political correctness will destroy America, and maybe it has already!
Stop right there. Get out of the Nurses office and back onto your ward.
I think that ';PC'; will be the downfall of our country.. It's like a police apb and they can't use color. Go figure..It's insane.
What are you talkinig about?!!!
Is it really pit bulls you are talking about?
I feel your passion however, Obama is the 2nd coming of Christ and he will deliver us from all of this
What is your real point.
PC BS - we are so afraid of offending people, we ignore the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash