Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Do I have to train my Fell terrier hunt Rabbit & Rats or will natural instinct do this when older?

My Fell Terrier is a ***** and is now six months old


I walk regullary on either the beach or around fields at dusk


The dog looks to be picking up scents all the time, I would like her to try and catch either rabbit or rats. will she do this eventally naturally or will she need to be trained for this?Do I have to train my Fell terrier hunt Rabbit %26amp; Rats or will natural instinct do this when older?
I've got a fell terrier and she's 13 now. I never took her around places where she could catch rats and things like that etc until a year ago.





And straight away she's off digging and trying to find things to kill, bless her :P





seems to be a natural instinct.





ps, shes only caught and killed one water rat upto yet





pps


other dogs and ducks don't bother her at all, she doesnt bat an eyelid when they are near byDo I have to train my Fell terrier hunt Rabbit %26amp; Rats or will natural instinct do this when older?
Why do you want to hunt them and what are you going to do with them when they are caught.
get a mosue looking toy and start traing with that.


then he will know that he's suspose to bite them and chew em' up.
Well my jr x yorkie has never been feild trained and a couple of yrs back she killed a rat and recently she caught a rabbit and that to was killed by her,i know with out doubt that she would kill again aswell,she has a particular interest in ducks.We now try to keep her away from small animals.It will come natural to your fell terrier but you can also train her in feild trials etc,although normally the dog isn't allowed to kill,its the handler who shoots the game and the dog that retreives.
Dhooo, that is illegall now in this country, you are not allowed to hunt with dogs. If you are caught you will be fined and your dog be put to sleep. Plus if you have gone to the beach in a car the police will impound your car and have it crushed. Silly person, you should follow the news or can you not read.
In the UK it's illegal to train a dog to do this so if she doesn't do it naturally your out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash