Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it natural/normal for a woman to not have any maternal instinct?

I notice that a lot of women here say that they have no maternal instinct.Is it natural/normal for a woman to not have any maternal instinct?
Probably not normal (the norm), but if it occurs in nature then it is by definition natural.





Many women only have maternal instinct once they become pregnant or have children of their own. Others only start feeling it once they approach their thirties or so.





I sometimes think I have some maternal instinct when I see my nephews. Certainly before my brother had children I had none that I was aware of. So it could be a combination of age and interacting more with kids that I am related to. Strangers' kids don't have the same effect and babies do nothing for me at all.





Edit





';Trying to remove some of the guilt that they carry because they don't want to be mothers.';





Why on earth would someone feel guilty about not wanting to be a mother?





Edit





';it doesn't really make sense if you have no maternal or paternal instinct.';





Guess what? Not everything that occurs in the natural world makes sense! There are all kinds of interesting quirks and things that happen for reasons we can't always explain.Is it natural/normal for a woman to not have any maternal instinct?
A lot of women on here don't. Or don't believe in such.








This really isn't the best section to ask this question. About half the women regulars on GWS are bisexual or bi-curious and most of them lean toward women. They objectify and find women arousing in some kind of way. It's funny that a lot them even identify as straight. Bisexual and lesbian women have always been the leaders of feminism and it seems true by all the half gay women on here. These aren't average women. Some of the straight women might stop in and answer your question. The other half of women on here really are straight. Also, it seems as if about half the men one here aren't 100% straight either. A lot of the male regulars have stated things like ';no one is 100% straight, or everyone is somewhat bisexual';. The other half of guys, like me, really are straight and we just laugh at them.
With all the training from the lib movement and all the artificial stopping of baby having,,and for those who do have a child and hand it right over to someone else to raise because thats what their mom and the mom before that did...i would say that it is natural for our culture of today. Also quite a shame because motherhood is one of the most enjoyable parts of life. Some women have hang ups of one type or another that shut off the mental side of maternal instinct too. Also too bad for them and the joy they miss out on.
I personally don't think so. But that's doesn't mean that lack of maternal/paternal instinct should be labeled 'wrong'....it is what it is. As long as they're able to recognize that, and not bring a child into the world that they'll have no maternal/paternal bond with, I don't see a problem.





What REALLY doesn't make sense is bringing a child into this world that you can't/don't love.
I have a strong nurturing streak, but not for being a Mother to a child.





I'd say I'm as natural as anyone else, just not in the majority. Most people want kids, I get it.





I've never wanted kids, and my parents are stellar, so have to say I'm not buying the theory that those of us who don't want kids are mindfucked.





Most want them, some don't. Both seem natural in my view.
I would say that many of us have no desire to be mothers. I wouldn't say that we lack maternal instinct; because when I'm around kids I automatically become protective and even act like their mother. But I in on rush to have children.
I assume that it is normal for most people to have maternal or paternal instincts, because otherwise the human race would die out. But presumably for a certain number of people the lack of parental instincts is natural, for them anyway.
I just LOVE this question!





No, it isn't natural, but it may be normal.





Feminists on here who say they don't have maternal instincts are either


1. Trying to be men.


2. Trying to remove some of the guilt that they carry because they don't want to be mothers.
It's perfectly natural, though it's probably not normal. I personally don't want children but that's not to say I don't have ANY what-so-ever. I'm protective of my friends and family and my pets.
I would say that it's within normal limits...i would also argue that admitting to yourself that you have no desire to have children is so much better than having children and resenting them your entire life.
Everyone has the instinct to nurture. How someone actually acts is a different story. Maybe they just don't want to do it for whatever reason.
sure. i bet there are plenty of guys out there with no paternal instinct, and they're not losing sleep over it. so it would only be natural that there would be female individuals with no maternal instinct either.
http://answersinn.andrewglynn.info


A very informative website, kindly stay a minute in website and check
It's not normal or natural. But, it's not unheard of. It does happen, just rarely.
It's natural for her, even if it makes her one of a very small percentage of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash